With health care ranked in the bottom 20% in America, Kentucky can't afford to take a step backward.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses provide vital care to patients in Kentucky. Lifting restrictions on APRNs will increase access to safe and quality health care for patients across our state, including those in rural and under-served communities.
Take action now to support increased access to care in Kentucky.
Kentucky Health Care Facts
- Ranked 45th in the nation for health care
- 102 counties designated as Medically Underserved Areas
- Only 30% of physicians practice in rural areas
View and share to learn more about APRNs and their cause.
Testimonials from Across the Country
Together we can advance the state of health care in Kentucky.
Everyone deserves access to quality health care. But across Kentucky and the U.S., health care is headed towards a major crisis: a growing shortage of physicians that will only get worse. Fortunately, APRNs have the advanced education and training to help alleviate this crisis...especially for those hardest hit, including seniors and people living in rural and underserved communities.
But there's a problem and APRNs need your support. Please ask your legislator to vote yes to modernizing this state's outdated APRN laws. The health of the people of Kentucky is at stake.
What is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse?
APRNs are a vital part of the health care system in the United States. APRNs are educated with a master's degree or higher, and hundreds of hours of hands-on clinical experience.
Four roles, four ways to care for you:
- Certified Registered Nurses Anesthetists - administer anesthesia and monitor patients post-anesthesia
- Certified Nurse Midwives - specialize in childbirth and women's reproductive health
- Certified Nurse Practitioners - diagnose and treat primary or acute health conditions
- Clinical Nurse Specialists - work in specialty settings and provide diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing patient management
How are APRNs being held back?
To date, many states have modernized their laws governing APRNs to be in line with the national model. In Kentucky, APRNs are being held back.
How can I help?
There are many ways to get involved. Contact your legislator, upload a testimonial or share our messages and video on social media. The sooner you get involved the sooner you can help make access to safe, quality health care a reality for everyone in Kentucky.
Want to learn more? Join our mailing list.